Pat L Christian

Welcome to my journeys and jottings!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Dec 9 2011 The Bride and Groom Come to the Groom's House

Today is the big day that everyone is preparing for:  Sujeet and Jyoti coming to Sujeet's parents' home.

I was very tired yesterday and did not get my blog posted until today.  Sujeet called to check on me.  I confessed I was a little bored.  The next thing I know Mona and Sanjiv (gentlemen who speaks English and rents from Mona and Krishna) show up at my room to check in on me.  It was a lovely gesture.  As they told me they would be back later to pick me up, I realized that they would have taken me then if I had desired it.  I am still rather sleepy and needed to do some things on the computer, so I am good.  That little visit brightened my day.  Now, I await for the big event.

Sujeet mentioned he has hardly seen Jyoti and remains in the wedding dress from the 5th.  I said something about being sorry he wasn't having fun... "that's your culture.  I am fine."  I guess it is true that Americans are really focused on having a good time, and that is not the way of other cultures. 

I am surprised that Sujeet is still allowed very little contact with his new wife.  I guess that is how anticipation is built up for the bride in an arranged marriage.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment