Now home in Virginia, I continue to share my adventures with you.
Our first stop was at Sujeet's parent's house. It was time for Jyoti's brothers to say good bye.
I am struck with the contrast between the very strong family ties, and how Indian families must let their children go again and again for a better way of life. When they are around 5 years old they may leave for boarding school. When they are around 10 or 12 they may do so again. And when they are to go to highschool (inter) they will likely need to go away. Typically American kids don't leave home until they turn 18 or go to college or into military service.
Vipah, Jyoti, Anuj, and Manish
Some of us drove into the town to drop off the older brothers so they could get a ride back to their family house.
Going through town on way to village.
Sujeet's second level school
Entering into the farming villages.
Golden mustard crop
Sujeet's first level school.
A moslem school meeting in a former christian church and school.
The road into the farm villages where Sujeet's family lives.
Dung poles being dried for fuel.
Next we drove to Sujeet's grandfather's home and village to drop off a young mother and her baby.
Sujeet's grandfather's house. Foreground -- mounds of rice to be hulled. Background - banana trees and family garden.
The village turns out to see the white lady.
Village girls with Lovely standing tallest. Lovely became my tour guide and interpreter once we reached the village. This young lady has so much potential.
Some of my new friends in the village... Past and Future stand side by side.
Suman's childhood friends (Suman on Right)
The villages hold Bihar's hidden treasure -- a people yet untouched, like uncut diamonds... waiting to be discovered... to be refined into precious jewels for their society.
I look over the future of Bihar and wonder which of these little ones will be tomorrow's leaders.
As I look at these faces, and they chatter happily in Mathilee,
I hear God's voice say,
"I see you. I know where you are. I was there when you were born. I know your ways and the number of your days. I love you with an undying love.
I have written you on my heart and you are precious in my sight."
Dearest Pat, Your blog is just fantastic! I am so moved by your love and excellent expression of your thoughts! As I see your potential and theirs, I am moved to tears, thanking GOD for what wonderful things HE will do through you to show the Love of JESUS to these precious people, Whom GOD loves so very much... Keep sharing, keep writing, keep ministering... You are a remarkable woman with amazing gifts and talents that bless us all! With much love, your Sister, Minister Carole Rothe Lilly
ReplyDelete